Monday, April 28, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

1) What is your essential question and answers? What is your best answer and why?
What is the best way to optimize a stage for a successful production. Answer one: 
Communicating the plot of the production to the audience through the partnership of light and prop use. Answer two: Using state of the art lighting boards and audio mixers, to optimize a stage. Answer three: Having frequent tech rehearsals, is a way to optimize a stage. Out of those three answers, the best is my third the effectiveness of rehearsing makes sure everything runs smoothly and if there are any kinks they can be worked out before the show. Also the more familiar you are with something the less errors will occur.

2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
I had all the elements to evoke and increase the wow factor of a production, however without knowing your cues and how the play will be preformed it would result in an unorganized performance.

3) What problems did you face? How did you resolve them?
There where two major problems I encountered. The first was the inability to find a reliable mentor. I went through six mentors and out of the six I worked with one for seventeen hours. Then I landed my seventh mentor form The Inland Valley Repertoire Theatre (IVRT). Secondly was trying to find the research that supported my answers while involving technical theatre. I solved this research challenge by not looking at it literally instead I broke it into its parts and looked at creative ways to find research. 

4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
My first significant source was my fourth interview with the lighting designer from my mentorship at IVRT. Daniel, the lighting designer, has a wealth of knowledge on the technical aspects of theatre production. One of the amazing things is he learned through practical experience, he had no formal education. The second source is the book "The Power of Habit" by Charles Dunhigg, since it talks about the conditioning of the mind through repetition learning. The best answer requires the stage crew to repeat performances daily with minimal snafus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment