Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
My plans include, getting more hands on experience. I plan to do this through practicing and preparing to going to the Fullerton College Theatre Festival, along with competing there. The festival is a two day event consisting of competitions for acting and technical work. I will be competing in 9 theatre technical events on one of the two iPoly tech teams. The event I will be in are:
Tech Olympic events:
1) Costume Quick Change- Change a member in the dark that has over sized clothes on in the fastest time.
2) Light focusing- Have to hang theatre lights and crop the sides to match a taped out shape on the opposite wall.
3) Team Knot Tying- Each member has been assigned 1 of the 5 knots and will be timed until all knots are done.
4) Tool Usage- is a relay. Each member has been assigned 1 of 5 tools and hardware that need to be used.
5) Prop Quick Change- Given blurry pictures of a scene and have to set the stage in the fastest time and as accurate to the picture as possible.
6) Tool And Hardware ID- Have to identify as many tools and hardware as possible in a very dark room for a limited visibility as a challenge.
7) Electrical Wiring- wire adapters
8) Individual Knot Tying- Same as #3 instead I will be doing each of the 5 knots on my own.
Scenic Event
9) Scenic Design- I will present my technical work for the production of  "Working"

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
Evidence of my 30 hours will be shown chronically throughout the practice for events through pictures. Pictures will also be taken during the competitions I will be in. The pictures will include the 9 events I will participate in. Since the competitions are given awards, I will possibly win an award, to show my participation in and event or events.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
I will be seeing a play at the end of the festival to see the production's use of lighting, color and props. I will also be able to take a tour and see what equipment they use for their productions. I can also interview the students and see what other possible answers I can get.


4.  Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it the independent component 2 log.
Done and done

No comments:

Post a Comment