Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project, The Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?

Since I was unable to assist during the production process of the January show with my, my break focused on researching on my topic. My research focused on raw materials and the best techniques for building and tools to use.  Since I am responsible for builds I thought it would be helpful to improve my understanding of structure, pay loads and set placement.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

Learning the time frames involved in production is very important. My only reference was my current drama experience and I have found that playhouses have a completely different schedule.  Where I am use to all the work being focused on one play, then a break and preparing for the next play.  In the real world, I have found as one play is going, the behind the scenes work begins for the next play, there are no breaks.  So keeping a schedule and knowing your dates is essential in a successful production.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

Since my mentor ship is done at a playhouse, there are several plays within the year.  Each play will have a different director and it requires me to work with each one.  So the questions would be geared to the director I am working under at the time.  I feel like I have several mentors since I am working with so many different people and they all offer a unique insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment