Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 Hours

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?
I am currently doing my mentorship at the "7th Street Theater" or it's also known as the chino community theater. Its theater that puts on a new play ever month and has new directors coming and going.
2.   Who is your contact?
My contact is Paul Lawrson he is actually the owner of the theater. He started off directing every show then slowly came down to a few plays a year. So I work on the plays he directs or the plays he works on the stage.
3.   How many total hours have you done?   
So far I have 17 hours and a few minutes. My plan right now is to get to 30 or more buy the end of February. 
4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
Well I don't know if you have ever tried to sand down a fairly large hutch a shelf set, but its very time consuming. I couldn't believe that sanding alone would take 5 hours to do. Now for the other 12 hours I spent about 4 hours and a half hours going through the lighting cues that is a slow process, because that slightest mistake and you go to a sudden halt. Now for about the 7 and a half hours was spent doing a little of the same thing as before. However the first 3 and a half hours of those 7 hours were spent making the audio cues while we ran through the full show. Now the last 4 hours was spent running through the show about two and a half times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment